News, events and information will be displayed on this page. Please contact the Clerk if you would like to display any village event on the website.
Village Coffee Morning - Saturday 30th June 2018
Thank you to all those who attended the Village Coffee Morning on 30th June 2018.
The Parish Council felt that this was a great success and hope that those that came along benefitted from meeting neighbours and enjoying a relaxed atmosphere as a community in the beautiful setting of our village church. The weather was certainly very kind!
Generous donations of £56.61 were received and this money will be put into the community planting fund for the planting around our village.
The Parish Council are keen to continue to organised community events and so if you have any ideas and things that you would like to see organised please get in touch with the Clerk.
Update from North Lincolnshire Council, 1st May 2018:
- Vicarage Lane – works to improve the entrance area to the play area from Vicarage Lane are now programmed for June/July. These works are to improve the footpath and drainage in this area. Redbourne Parish Council have agreed with NLC a contribution of £500 towards these works.
- Call Connect – this rural bus services continues to be expanded and delivers bespoke rural transport for all. Contact Call Connect on 0345 234 3344 to arrange to use the service or to find out more about it.
- LED street lights for Beck Lane Picnic Area, Carr Lane, Ermine Street, High Street, Park Lane, Redbourne Mere, Redbourne Road, St Andrews Close, St Georges Court, The Falconers – are now scheduled for September 2018. This continuous programme of works by NLC to improve street lighting and efficiency will arrive in Redbourne in time for the darker nights.
- Pothole reporting – NLC have announced a £15m increased investment in Highways spend over next 4 years to improve road surfaces. If you know of a pot hole, please report them via the NLC website with details of the location.
- Plane and Inlay – Vicarge Road, School Lane, Carr Lane and St Andrew’s Close are confirmed to be scheduled in the works programme for resurfacing due to the deterioration of the road surfaces which have been repeatedly reported by Redbourne Parish Council.
The Great British Spring Clean - A HUGE SUCCESS
A BIG THANK YOU!
Sat 7th and Sun 8th April 2018 - 27 volunteers, 50 bags of litter collected
Redbourne Parish Council backed the campaign to get half a million people out and about cleaning up their local communities in Spring 2018.
Together we can make a difference and clean up the environment on our doorstep. 27 people, which included 6 children, proved this with a hugely successful litter pick event collecting 50 bags of litter, 95% of this was along Redbourne Mere. Recent conservation work on the Village Green had also caused the need for a tidy up and the volunteers left the area looking much better. It just goes to show what can be achieved when people work together and it was great to see so many residents participating. THANK YOU!
Please find the details for Humberside Police Website where you can view crimes in your neighbourhood. https://www.police.uk/
For further information on free services to carers in North Lincolnshire please log onto the following website http://www.carerssupportcentre.com/
My Community Alerts
My Community Alert is a new way to be updated from Humberside Police about the issues that matter to you.
Whether you would prefer to receive a message direct to your phone or email inbox, they have launched a new messaging system that will send you information about issues of interest to you.
Simply register your details, including how you would like to be contacted and the topics and issues that matter to you, to start receiving updates.
Different to social media, My Community Alert is a specialist and secure messaging system that allows you to receive the messages of interest to you.
If you have information that would help the police, you are encouraged to contact them calling 101. You can also share the alert with your friends or print it off to display on a community noticeboard.
My Community Alert has been funded by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and is part of our commitment to keep you safe and well informed. The type of messages you receive will be determined by what options you choose during the registration process. You can be informed about missing people, road closures, scams and fraud alongside good news and arrests in your area.
My Community Alert gives you complete control over what information you receive and how you receive it.
Please see below for the link to the website: