Who’s Who on the council
Council Meetings page
Latest News page
A brief History of Redbourne
Latest Planning applications
Contact the Council
The official website for the Parish Council
An online destination for news and information about all aspects of village life.
Residents are always welcome at Parish Council meetings, which will be advertised on this website and on the notice board.
His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
10th June 1921 – 9th April 2021
Redbourne is a village and civil parish in the North Lincolnshire district of Lincolnshire, England.
The village is situated near the A15 and 5 miles (8 km) south of Brigg.
The name Redbourne is derived from the Old English Name “Hredburna” meaning “reedy burn”, a reference to a stream running through the village.
Redbourne Church The parish church of St Andrew was made redundant from the Church of England in 1978 and is now maintained by The Churches Conservation Trust. It is a Grade I listed building. Although the church has 14th and 15th century gins, the bulk of the existing building is 18th century and represents a Georgian Gothic style, using a mixture of squared and coursed rubble limestone with ashlar dressings. Its square tower is approximately 90 feet (27 m) high.
The alterations of 1772 4 in the gothic style were by the Lincoln architects Thomas and Henry Lumby and the chapel on the south side of the chancel served as a mausoleum for the family of the Dukes of St Albans.
The Red Lion Hotel coaching inn on the village green dates from the 17th century.
A conservation area was designated in August 1985 by the old Humberside County Council and covers the historic village core but excludes the more recent residential developments on the periphery.
There is a play area set aside next to the Churchyard. Following the consultation for the Play Area, plans have been drawn up and the Parish Council is currently trying to raise funds to progress this project. See News page for further updates.
The Parish Council consists of eight elected or co-opted Parish Councillors
AGENDAS & MINUTES
The Council normally meets on the first Monday bi-monthly at St. Andrew’s Church, Redbourne
POLICIES & DOCUMENTS
Policies and documents published by the Parish Council are available here
The Parish Council produces financial reports that are available to the public